AlterG Anti Gravity Treadmill
Make an appointment at any one of our 10 convenient outpatient clinics. Call 800.597.5790
AlterG© Anti-Gravity Treadmill
SIH Outpatient Rehabilitation has two locations with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill. Logan Park and Harrisburg SIH Outpatient Rehabilitation locations utilize the AlterG to allow patients to walk sooner during the rehabilitation process by dramatically reducing their weight. The AlterG is a state of the art unweighting treadmill which allows patients to reduce their body weight by up to 80% while the patient walks. The revolutionary medical rehabilitation treadmill, AlterG, promotes full, unrestricted movement, using patented NASA anti-gravity technology.
The key benefits of AlterG Anti-Gravity treadmill are:
- Exercising on as little as 20% of total body weight minimizes joint stress and pain
- Rehabilitation of lower extremity injuries
- Aerobic conditioning
- Weight loss
- Treatment of neurological conditions
- Training which combats the diseases of aging
Patients are able to move faster while using the AlterG for rehabilitation. Pain free movement encourages walking with normal gait mechanics. Precise partial weight bearing allows for earlier incorporation of closed-kinetic chain act ivies in the rehabilitation program.
Patients are secure inside the AlterG’s fall-safe environment. Gentle air support allows for increased confidence and safe progressions of activities to improve neuromuscular control and balance.
Who benefits from using AlterG Anti-Gravity treadmill?
- Patients suffering with conditions that make normal physical activities difficult e.g. Arthritis. Polio, MS, Parkinson’s, Down Syndrome and Sciatica
- Patients carrying excess weight
- Patients recovering from accidents and pre/post operations
- Patients with plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, tendonitis, chondromalacia patella
- Patients impaired by degenerative joint disease